Rules & Regulations
- All boats must sail from and return through Lake Montauk.
- Each boat will be issued a tournament number, which must be prominently displayed on the port side of the cabin window or center console.
- Each boat shall turn in the pink safety card listing all anglers on the boat.
- No boat may leave the inlet before 6:00 A.M., and boats must return by 4:00 P.M.
- Minimum weights and lengths are determined by current State Regulations.
- Each angler may weight in 1 Fluke.
- All qualifying fish will be inspected and the decision of the Tournament Directors will be final. Any altered fish will cause the remaining fish on the boat to be disqualified.
- Fishing will be held on August 8, 2015, captain's choice, no weather committee. The anglers, captains, crew and guest of each individual boat will be solely responsible for the decision to fish and are encourage and advised to be familiar with curent local weather conditions and forecasts. Star Island Yacht Club reserves the right to delay or cancel this Tournament.
- All fish must be available for weigh-in by 4:00 P.M.
- In the event of less than 40 boat entries, the prize money will be adjusted accordingly in proportion to the number of entries.
- Should there be a tie in any cash prize category, the prize money will be divided equally among the winners.
- In the event of a boat disaility, contestants are allowed to transfer to another boat not entered in the tournament, and fish in the name of the original. Fish may not be transferred to another boat.
- Any protests must be presented, at the time of of the alleged infraction, to the tournament directors. They and the weightmaster, shall serve as judges in such cases and their decision is final.