Rules & Regulations
- As per Environmental Conservation Law 50 CFR 635.21(f), federal law now requires that all anglers fishing for sharks use non-offset, corrodible hooks, except when fishing with flies or artificial lures.
- All boats must sail from and return through Lake Montauk each fishing day.
- Each boat will be issued a tournament number, which must be prominently displayed in the port side cabin window
- No boat may leave the inlet before 6:00 A.M. and boats must return by 6:00 P.M. on Friday and 5:00 P.M. on Saturday
- The prize category of the “Other Species” refers only to the minimum size species of HAMMERHEAD, THRESHER AND TIGER SHARK. Minimum weight: MAKO - 125 LBS., BLUE SHARK - 200 LBS., OTHER SPECIES - 150 LBS. FISH WEIGHED THAT DO NOT MEET THE MINIMUM WEIGHTS MAY COUNT AGAINST A TEAM’S QUALIFYING FISH WEIGHT.
- All I.G.F.A. tackle rules apply. Use of mammal blood or flesh is strictly prohibited. No guns, bang sticks or harpoons.
- Fishing will be held each scheduled day, Captain’s choice, no weather committee. Only one day need be fished for the tournament to be considered official.
- All fish must be available for weigh-ins at S.I.Y.C. by 6:00 P.M. on Friday and 5:00 P.M. on Saturday. Weights will be rounded to the nearest pound, with exact 1/2 pounds being rounded up.
- Should there be a tie in any cash prize category, the prize money will be divided equally among the winners.
- In the event of a category not having a winner, that prize money will be divided equally among winning categories.
- In the event of a boat disability, contestants are allowed to transfer to another boat not entered in the tournament, and fish in the name of the original. Fish may not be transferred to another boat.
- Any protests must be presented, at the time of the alleged infraction, to the Tournament Directors. They and the Weighmaster shall serve as judges in such cases and their decision is final.
- In the event of a two-day blow, as per boat safety and judge’s decision, prize monies and trophies will be awarded by a drawing.